Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Pressure from all sides

It's prime berry-picking season, the middle of a cool summer and Lent arrived about an hour ago.

But our grant is due July 1 and everyone here is in full edit mode since no money=no job.

Oh sweet berries, wait for me. I'll be there soon.

P.S. I canned my first few batches of chicken stock this past weekend! That pressure canner is awesome. 240 degrees of pure bliss. Now our freezer is empty of chicken stock and filled with sweet frozen berries. We've picked 40 lbs of berries in the past month (20 lbs of strawberries with T&P + 5 lbs of blueberries + 15 lbs of raspberries). I take a big tupperware filled for lunch everyday and Ken eats them on his cereal in the morning and ice cream at night. I love this town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home