Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, October 19, 2007

Fence, check. Driveway in progress.

Here are some updates of the fence and driveway. The fence is now complete (minus 2 boards, which Ken is doing now -- in the pouring rain).

Looking left:

Center from the deck:


Right side. Over in that corner, in time, we'll probably build an arbor/outdoor room:


And far right. Under the cherry tree, you can see my lemon tree in the pot as well as a whole bunch of wooden stakes (marking where all my garlic and shallots are planted):


And here's our progress in the driveway. The dumptruck arrived at 8 am last saturday morning to drop of 5 yards of gravel....just as Ken and Eric were on their way out of town -- he and Eric stayed an extra hour to help unload it before they were on their way. Then Kinley and I did the heavy spreading after Cocktoberfest which took most of the afternoon. It is almost finished. Just a corner left next to the deck/garage. We're farther than these pictures indicate. Kinley stayed with me the whole time. We listened to the radio. It was nice to have company.

One of the piles. You can see the weed barrier we laid underneath. Also notice that this was right where the trench was dug just last weekend:


View from the garage to the street. It is the same pile. This is a typical Kinley picture. Close enough to see everything but not be in the way. I love that dog. He's my buddy. And I'm his -- especially when I'm cooking in the kitchen. He is my "quicker picker upper."


View from the deck. Most of this is covered now, except for the area at the bottom area of the picture.



View of what the (mostly) finished driveway looks like. Dog not included.


Plan for this weekend: Ken's getting the garage hardware together and is planning on hanging the garage doors! I'm finishing the last of the gravel (edit: it is pouring so I am doing all the laundry instead -- it has been weeks since things were put away). I'm also paper mache-ing my halloween costume and smoking some andouille sausage that I made last night. (sidenote: I am very much into curing my own meats right now). Then a semi-formal cocktail party later tonight. So busy but fun.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home