Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, October 11, 2004

Festivus for the rest of us

I love the amount of festivals in Portland. It makes me so happy. We missed the oyster, salmon and onion ones this weekend, but we did get to the tail-end of the apple one. Too late for the bejillion taste tests of different apples, but we got some apple cobbler and ice cream while music played and we walked around the plant nursery. Picked up some apple cider that's chilling in the fridge right now. Tasty.

I know Ken's posting now too... I'm curious how much (if any) will overlap.

Still waiting to hear on the house. We've given them our references and they're going to run a credit check. It is so nice to be able to give that information without worrying about what they'll find out. We drove by the house today and had breakfast in a cafe down the road, walking distance. Wow. I'm so excited. 6 months in that house would be so fun.... halloween, Ken's birthday, thanksgiving, christmas, springtime. Then when spring hits, hopefully we'll have a house of our own.

Which reminds me, our plants are hurting. Beasley's doing fine (the ficus that I named since nobody would name their dog that). However, Ken's dragon's tail has taken a pretty bad beating as did a couple others. Speaking of plants, Ken just told me that the airport people raided his mom's bag on the way back from the wedding and didn't put things back properly... meaning the prickly pear cactus and its millions of spines blew up in her bag (envision putting one of them in a dryer with all of your clothes). Yikes. She said the dress she wore to the wedding is destroyed. That sucks.

I think we're taking our honeymoon this weekend! It's supposed to be nice weather this week, so we'll be heading out on Friday and making our way down to San Francisco. Drink some wine in the Russian River Valley. Eat some great food. Visit the southern oregon and/or northern california coasts en route. See Rachel, Justin and Arthur. Perhaps meet his new girl?? I'm excited. Especially since our stuff is in storage, we aren't working now and we won't have our new place (if we get it) until November 1. I thought honeymoons had to be just the two of us in some secluded location. Ken informed me that they can be whatever we want them to be. Wow. It's so great to have someone who likes the same things as me. This marriage thing is going to work out great.

-L

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

Congrats on your new blog, Lisa and Ken. Lisa, I remember trying to get Kari to name Bixby Beasly instead but she wouldn't go for it. I am glad to hear the name finally got used!!! Wonder what ever happened to that cat...

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Taryn said...

Have fun in San Fran. Ya'll should check out the Mendocino Brewing Company on your way through wine country. It's in Hopland, on the 101 about 2 hours north of SF I think. Pretty cool little place and yummy beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home