Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

What a day

I left the hotel at 7 this morning to go to work. What? That's not like me. Was thinking about the house and the gels I had to run and just wanted to get going. Found out I contaminated my sterile cells (most likely; will know better tomorrow). Ken and I had a bet going. If I could make it a month, he couldn't call me a dirty person. Oh well. I lasted six days. Crap. Am about to start running gels, which takes a little over 3 hours. Meanwhile, Ken took the afternoon off to take care of Hughes (since his boss is allergic to cats and won't allow sweet chubface in the office). So Ken went to pack up the truck while I'm in the lab and ok about it. Weird. This is the twilight zone. I can't wait to go home though. Plugged the new address into trimet.org's website and they tell me what bus to take and that it will take me 37 minutes from lab door to front door, waiting and walking included. I'm excited, but nervous, still in denial that we have a place, antsy and full of anticipation. Will the house be filthy? Will everything be ok? We just found out that the owner is refusing to pay for hydrojetting the drains (one of the things that we agreed on in our contract). The seller's agent won't cover it either. Our realtor said he'd pay for it for us, but that doesn't seem right. The seller said she's lost enough money on this house and doesn't want to lose any more. I'm just tired of dealing. I don't care. Luckily I have Ken who does. I just want to get in, rip up some carpet and eat pizza on the living room floor.... hopefully while it's raining outside (i can't believe I'm wishing away the blue sky). It is the twilight zone.

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Arthur said...

Sweeet.

Go sic the Ken on the seller. Tell your realtor that they can go after the seller for not cleaning the drains because it is in the contract and "I don't feel like it" just isn't a valid excuse in court.

At least not in any court that I know of.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Brian said...

If there's a court in the world where "I don't feel like it" would hold up, it's probably in Oregon. The place is run by bleeding heart hippies, don't you know. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm glad you don't have that hanging over your head anymore. Now the real work can start...

Please publish all the technical details of your renovations for my future edification.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Sounds like a manifesto is in order...
-L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home