Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

You HAVE to be kidding me?????

"Football is NOT a contact sport. Dancing is a contact sport. Football is a collision sport."
-Vince Lombardi

Watching the Viking/Colts game last night made me fully realize that a work of art has been lost in the NFL. The Art of Tackling. It's pathetic to watch so called professional defensive football players go out there and make complete fools of themselves. I've seen kickers do a better job of tackling. (By the way, I loved the unnecessary roughness call on the Indy place kicker Hunter Smith last night trying to tackle a kick returner. You don't see that very often).

Anyway, my Vikings lost and I'm beginning to think that Coach Tice is not the person who should be running this team. He seems like a nice guy who wants to do the right thing. But come on, what is going on with that defense. I know they were playing the Colts and didn't have Moss, but they should have won that game.

Anyway, enough ranting. Time to get to work and start earning that raise I got yesterday. Oh yeah, I got a raise yesterday after only one week on the job. our agreement was to review my salary at each pay period until we reach the level at which I wanted to be originally. Next one in two weeks. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

I don'tknow, Ken. Tackling did not seem to me to be the problem. Edge is pretty damn hard to bring down. Has anyone held the Colts under 28 this year?

I know that Marvin Harrision is a great route runner, but how is it possible that he gets himself open like that? And that thing Peyton did. That is two times this year when Peyton has showed me something I have never seen a QB do.

Tice is alright and he is who we are stuck with until Red sells the team. He's the lowest paid coach in the league, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home