Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A girl should wear makeup more

We've been in this house two months on the 25th. A constant project. The walls aren't even finished being painted let alone pictures being hung and personal touches done that make a place a home. However, we have been diligent about unpacking boxes. And each Thursday, we take another load out to be recycled.

And each week I get more and more frustrated.

Huh?

Well, that's because part of my espresso machine is still missing... the part that holds the coffee grounds, meaning it's not like I can work around it. Alas, no espresso. Who cares? Drink coffee. I agree -- and I have been. But there's just something about a latte on weekend mornings that makes everything just feel special. It's like a reward. Getting to drink one without changing out of pjs is one of my simple and guilty pleasures.

So where is this thing? We've been diligent about labeling and unpacking. Our motto has been "no peanut left behind", in honor of the big nut himself (zing - that was for you mom and dad). If there's a needle in that box, we'd have found it. So each box we get closer and closer to the end means my chances of finding that piece are smaller and smaller.

Which brings us to this weekend, when I got that dresser for free. On the top of it was some bright red nailpolish. "No problem," I thought and went for the nail polish remover. There are three toiletry boxes upstairs that haven't been upacked yet. We have our necessities, so there has been no rush. I open the first box in my quest for the remover -- nothing, just lotions and stuff. Second box, lo and behold -- sitting on top is that missing part to my espresso machine. I couldn't believe it. I check the label of the box to see "Lisa's makeup and toiletries". I look inside again. Here's what's in my "makeup" box: my espresso machine part, my beer coozie, a salt shaker and the battery-powered milk-frothy thing my brother gave me that sounds too much like a vibrator if you use it at work. Hmmm. Well it looks like I packed that box AND I haven't worn much makeup in 2 months. But at least I have my part back, which I promptly used this morning and sip the resulting latte as I type this before work.

Feels like a brand new start to this house.

Sidenote: I found the nailpolish remover in the third box -- it worked like a charm on removing the polish. Have to do it carefully though else you'll really hurt the finish and the wood. Not a problem as the whole thing needed some TLC anyway. Ken made two new track supports for the drawers this weekend and I restained the whole piece and drawers last night. Should be in its new home this weekend.


2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Here's what's in my "makeup" box: my espresso machine part, my beer coozie, a salt shaker and the battery-powered milk-frothy thing my brother gave me that sounds too much like a vibrator if you use it at workLOL!

Thanks for that.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Taryn said...

Will it actually work as a vibrator too? If so that might even be cooler than Misch's vibrator/toothbrush!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home