Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Sunny Days and Gin & Tonics



In anticipation of the nice weather to come, Ken and I have been thinking about our desired mode of relaxation. We have a full size porch now. What kind of chair do we want to watch the people walk by?

Adirondack chairs?
Cafe Table and chairs?
Porch swing?
Rocking Chairs?
Bench?

My dream has always been two adirondack chairs. They have the big arm rests that you can put your drink on. I love that. But the style of our house just didn't seem to match that. You almost need some view of water to pull of adirondack chairs. Besides, they sit so low that they don't lend themselves to peeking over the railing to see what's going on. Porch swings make me want to puke when someone else is 'driving'. So we decided on rocking chairs for the front porch. We'll each have our own -- maybe a little table in between to hold our drinks. I've been scouting them out on craigslist for about a month now... before the warm weather hits. They range in price from $30-150, depending on style and condition. Anything over $50 was too steep for me right now. So imagine my delight of finding this little friend for $40. Drove 20 minutes to see him this morning -- tried it out to discover its little arm rest curves with your arm - so comfortable. sigh. So I bought him from a little old couple and brought him home with me.

Can't wait to try him out on the next sunny day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home