Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, April 01, 2005

RNA Friday

I escaped all of graduate school and college without molecular biology. No DNA isolation or even a western blot. I did other stuff* in graduate school. However, today I was supposed to isolate and purify RNA. ha ha ha. Very funny. No, seriously. A girl without a clue what she's doing in the molecular world is at the bench with RNase-free supplies. Retarded. My only experience with the stuff is watching Marsha Penner freak out about people contaminating her samples and work area. Hmmm. So I guess I need gloves? Anyway, I have four samples that I just resuspended in water that are now in the freezer until Monday. Anyone want to place a bet on:
a. whether there's even any RNA in the little tube
b. how badly it's contaminated

* other stuff mainly consists of arts & crafts, learning photoshop and using the color printer.

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Brian said...

RNA. Pfft.

Richard and I have isolated it. Often while drunk.

It can be done.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger marsha said...

F*CK you Hawkins! It probably helps that you don't have people pumping breast milk next to your RNase free supplies.

I'll have to try doing it drunk. Maybe RNA loves a good strong sprite infested Harp.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Behold -- the marsha penner freak out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home