Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, June 10, 2005

My abusive boyfriend

I've been calling science 'my abusive boyfriend' for some time now. It sucks you in, beats you up, spits you out... and just when you're ready to leave it, it gives you just enough back to make you stay a while longer. Cycle repeat. Cycle repeat.

Today's little reward is two-fold: preliminary data and beer

So as my samples are running to see if my preliminary data holds up, there is a party out in the courtyard at 4pm. Yeah, yeah... science party... boring. But may I point out that they just rolled out four, count them FOUR, full kegs of Pyramid beer. I've never seen so many red solo cups ready to go before. I can also see the peavey speakers being set up for music and the giant charcoal grill being brought in. Free food, wine, beer & music.

Abusive boyfriend, I will stay for just a little bit longer.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ken said...

A boyfriend???? I'LL KILL HIM!!!!

Have fun :o)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Julie Miller said...

lisa- nice how a little beer makes the troubles all go away...so here at ucla as opposed to arizona, they have alcohol on campus meaning lots of beer/wine at seminars, etc i just had to give my defense talk again today but we had lots of wine and i got a nice buzz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home