Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Treats

1. I've been a little on edge this past year because our lab has had some funding issues. Meaning, we lost ours. I've been able to get a good amount done in spite of the lack of money, but the sands have quickly been draining from the proverbial hourglass. After my personal grant runs out in April (don't know yet if it will be renewed), me staying as a postdoc would be in jeopardy since the lab would have no money with which to pay me. Enter the little ray of light in the form of us getting our most recent grant score back -- it did very well and has an extremely good chance of getting funded. So it looks like I may be able to stay after all -- provided Dubya doesn't reduce NIH's budget even more to pay for war, hurricanes, oil drilling, his halloween candy, new supreme court nominees, etc. Keep your fingers crossed. We'll hear in a few weeks if we get the money or not.

2. Paul accepted a post-doc at University of Oregon. He and TJ will be moving to Eugene in January, which is less than 2 hours from here. Hooray!

3. Ridiculous halloween pictures from the softball team party this past Saturday. Ken went as Count von Count. I went as Charlie Brown from the Great Pumpkin (far right; contining my tradition of having a costume inside of a costume; couldn't find my old pictures, this one will have to do and is a better costume than mine was anyway.)

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I want to be Count Von Count for Halloween this year. Could you ask your friend, Ken, where he got the Count Von Count costume (or if he's willing to sell/rent it to me)?
-Kristine (kcwashburn@gmail.com)
PS - Your blog rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home