Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Catch Up

My folks and brother were in town last week. We had a great time and went to wine country and out to the coast for a couple of days. They left on Tuesday, but not before we made my mother and father help pour a concrete foundation for our garage. Ken is doing the sill plate and lowering the whole structure this weekend. I'm going to lay a couple yards of mulch and finish the irrigation for the front yard (the small leaders and drippers). It feels good not to have any major plans or having to fight traffic to get out of town.

I'm just about to submit my second paper (the last one left from grad school that I've added to since i've been here). I am excited that it will be off my plate. It had started to "talk to me" (not literally, but it was always in my thoughts). I also found out yesterday that I got a small fellowship that will help pay for my research this summer. Always a plus. Also submitted my abstract for SfN last week so I will see you folks out in San Diego this fall.

Busy. Busy.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Taryn said...

We are laying mulch this weekend also. How much do you usually get for all of your beds? At least the 3 day weekend weather will be nice...even though playing games inside with Jewlie was fun last year!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

We usually get a yard or two at a time to do the back or the front beds. Here's a site that answers "how much should I get" questions:

http://www.mtscottfuel.com/answers.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home