Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Garden Friends


I have little time in the garden right now even though it gives me a lot of peace . I love walking through nurseries -- especially after work on weekdays when it's pretty empty. I love the sunset, seeing workers watering and just meandering about. I picked up a couple new "friends" yesterday while I was there (thanks Ann and Randy!) and planted them when I got home. They'll have time to grow while I'm swamped and then I'll have time to enjoy them when they're a bit bigger. And since everything's on a watering system, I don't have to worry about them. Here's one of my new "friends", a passion flower, that will soon be climbing up our fence. Ken thought it was fake.
Other new friends include an evergreen clematis with drooping fragrant flowers in February-April, 2 kinds of lettuce, a suyo cucumber, some red onion starts and more leeks since they were so beautiful and fun this year. I love them and can't wait to enjoy them more.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger marsha said...

i agree!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home