Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Birthday cupcakes and Honey-do

Ken turned 34 this past weekend. We had a fun, low key weekend. That morning, we met up with a group of friends for a cornhole tournament at a local bar. (Ken fell in love with the game at the Hog Roast. Cornhole is essentially a bean bag game that is played by tossing beanbags into a hole on a board 33 feet away... in the hole gives you 3 points, on the board is one point. We played indoors, but this picture gives you an idea of what it looks like.) Ken and I were partners and we got bumped out in the first round by the team that won the whole thing (also friends of ours). Turns out we scored the most points against them.... in contrast, the 2nd place team got shut out in the finals.

I made cupcakes and brought them to the bar. I learned that chocolate cupcakes filled with marionberry jam are excellent. Especially when topped with cream cheese frosting and eaten for breakfast.

After the bar, we laid low since we were going to a halloween party that night. Ken went as a baby (a friend of ours had a sun tattoo covered up and was explaining how she no longer has her sun... enter another friend who thought she said "son" meaning she lost a baby. Ken decided to exploit the running joke.) I went as Barbaro, the Kentucky derby winner who broke its leg and was eventually put down. I used paper mache to make a cast and horsehead, the latter I left at the bottom of the hostess' bed at the end of the night.

Sunday was low key. Lots of football in the house. I also finished priming the garage doors and windows. The windows are all ready to be hung -- Ken said he'd hang them this weekend while I'm away at my conference. I am excited. I can't wait to see them up. Just a little bit left until the garage is finished. Finally.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home