Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holiday odds and ends


I just got the go-ahead that I am volunteering at the Science in the Kitchen gala at OMSI on Saturday, January 18th. I'm pretty excited and love their event logo. So cool.

Sara and Drew are in town right now and are staying at our house this week and while we're gone. We're meeting for sushi tonight. Tomorrow is a packing day after work and then we head to Ken's folks' place in New Hampshire on Saturday morning. As an interesting twist, Kinley will be going with us. He'll love it and will get to run in the snow with all their dogs (n=10ish). We'll be bringing our snowshoes so we can walk through the snowy woods. We're looking forward to seeing his family and relaxing with them.

In the meantime, Ken's swamped at work and is trying to finish things everywhere before we leave. He has learned a new skill at work, which he loves and is right up his alley. What is it, you ask? He is rappelling down buildings as a means of inspecting them. Here he is in Seattle inspecting a 20-something story building overlooking Puget Sound from 2 weeks ago. He loves it.


I'm still loving work and have had more meetings in the past 1.5 weeks than I had in 6 months in the lab. I pulled out my old organizer from college that I haven't used since. New calendar inserts and I'm back in the swing of things. I'm pretty good with the organization stuff. Add science and creativeness to the mix and I'm a happy person. I've also met a ton of people, which I also enjoy. So the whole work front is going great.

When we get back from NH, we'll be heading to Mt. Bachelor in middle Oregon for some New Year's Eve skiing with friends. 30 of them. In two houses. Should be a blast. We haven't been skiing in quite some time.

I think that's all that's new from the Western front. We're doing well and keeping our chins above water. I'm getting used to the early morning wakeups, although I still don't like them. As a result, I went to bed at 10 last night. The second time in a week. Call me Grandma.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home