Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Someone old, someone new

I've been pacing around the house tonight. I am nervous. On Thursday night, I'm volunteering at a local elementary school to help with their science night. I'm presenting something science related to a group of 8 year olds and their parents. I'm assuming they're 8 since that's 3rd grade, which is smack in the middle of the whole elementary school years. 75 people. I have a ton of ideas swirling, just haven't picked which one I want to do most.

I know it will be fine. Make it entertaining and keep it simple. But, this is my first attempt since the new job and my boss will be there. Gulp, gulp. Meanwhile, my folks sent me this picture of me from around those years. Hard to imagine sweet little angels like me could be so terrifying.



So that's Thursday night. On monday, I'm going to see a group of high schoolers (60 of them). Then a few weeks later, it's senior citizens. I love that it's constantly changing, but it's terrifying at the same time. Again, keep it entertaining and keep it simple.

I think.

I'm learning tons on this job and it's a huge change from what I was doing before. Communication skills are most important now whereas I could go a week without speaking to anyone before. Crazy. So, wish me luck. Hopefully, I'll be coming to a school near you soon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

That is the most adorable skiing outfit I have ever seen!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Mischala said...

Lisa, I think this is so great, you will be fabulous. I want this job, how fun. OH, and congrats on the paper, that must feel good for that to finally be done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home