Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jimmy Buffett Island

I am the person I never thought I'd be. I despised the giant contraptions and was of the mindset that kids don't need all that to learn.

I still believe that but now I know that Jimmy Buffett islands aren't for the kids, they're for the parents. Sweet bliss of long-time complete child enrapturement. Cooking, check. Catching up on past due chores, check.

They are ginormous and unnecessary but I am a convert. An embarrassed convert but a convert nonetheless. How could I not be seeing how much she loves it while I get a 20 minute break.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger A-M said...

Yep! I went through the exact same thing you did. Thought that giant mound of hideous plastic was totally unnecessary. Well, unnecessary it is but so so helpful to mom and dad! The exact same one took up half our living room for 4 mos. It's fun for them to play in a different position as well. They have much fun. Do you have a Bumbo? Again seems like a waste but they love to sit up in them.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger rob said...

Yeah, we had two of those things taking up space. But often the nly way to get a break.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I just baby sat Jenne Breslin's baby, Fiona. She happily bounced in the Jimmy Buffet island for almost 30 minutes. That thing is awesome and I am going to have to get one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home