Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, December 23, 2004

I am a sucker

No fig tree for me. Never heard back. However, I did just win this:
Free Grapevine - you dig
Date: 2004-12-23, 9:48AM PST

Hello.
I have a very old, established Oregon native grapevine growing on the
side of my house. I don't know for sure, but I'd have to guess that
it's about 50 years old or so. The main part of the vine is about a
foot in diameter. It's gone dormant, so now is the perfect time to
dig it up and replant it and ensure that it will still live. It
doesn't produce the greatest wine grapes, but it does produce pretty
decent juice grapes - kind of sweet and purple.]If you are
interested, please reply with your phone number and I'll get back to
you. I'd just like to request up front, if you're going to come over
and dig it up, please don't leave me a mess to clean up.
I am located in SE Portland
Thanks and happy holidays,
Gloria

The thought of having grapes was too much to bear. And the free thing. I had to put my request in. Lo and behold:

Hi.
Please give me a call about this later today - I'm actually at work right now so I can't chat. But I'll be home after 1:00. Sunday or Monday would be a good time for you to come over if that works for you.
Thanks,
Gloria

I think I know where I'll put it, but I'll talk to her this afternoon to know its space/light constraints. If all is well, Sunday is digtime.

Bring your shovels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home