Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Date Night?

My parents always called saturday night "date night". This was us at 8 pm this past Saturday:



Try to contain your enthusiasm.

Truth be told, it was awesome. Ken finished the foyer (seen here) while I did our bedroom. We did the office on Sunday. So now we have three -- count them three -- more rooms finished. Ceilings and trim, too. It's finally starting to feel like a home. We moved into our bedroom on Sunday night.

However, all that painting and subsequent fumes didn't do much for our health. Ken got sick again with a nasty headcold (don't think he fully recovered from Friday, then he pushed himself all weekend). He called in sick today; I'm proud of him for doing so. He needed a rest. I'm feeling fine -- just a little dizzy on occasion.

So what's left? Well, the only rooms left to paint are the office closet, guest room and guest room closet. Not too shabby, eh? My goal is to have everything finished by the time we go to Utah next month. Truth be told, I think it will be finished this weekend or next. A lighting guy is coming by this afternoon to give us an estimate on what we should do for lighting in the kitchen and approximate cost (no whammies, no whammies). Right now there is a giant fluorescent light (think warehouse) that floods the kitchen with too much light when its on and not enough when its off. Rob, Jana and Lent can vouch for this.

Other than painting, we have some fun stuff -- hang pictures, put our books and office stuff away, plant some grass seed, prune some bushes. Nothing too big. Then its time to hunker in for the rest of the winter and finish up odds and ends since I'm going to be ready for some outdoor time come spring.

Oh, did I tell you that we found some kind of berry bush growing in our back yard? At least, we're assuming so... five leaves, thin almost-woody branches with mini-thorns/briars. Please be edible. Pretty pretty please.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

I really like that color.

I can't wait to have a house to play with.

Of course, I haven't completely unpacked into this one yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home