Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Stateside

After 13.5 hours of travelling, we're back in Portland. Went to Mexico over New Year's for a little R&R... well I guess it was more of B&B (beach & beer). Apparently we forgot to mention it, as even Ken's mom didn't know we were gone.

Rented a 5 BR/5bath house just off the beach with some friends. Very fun although we're pretty tired now. I have sufficiently eaten my fill of shrimp and fish tacos. I learned that a $5 bag of cherrystone clams are awesome and can feed an army if you top them with bacon and cheese (thanks mom). I also realized that I really like bailey's and coffee on chilly nights but even decaf can keep you up. I also confirmed that I'm a retard as I left my cell phone in Dave's car. Thanks to Dave Herman for throwing it in the mail for me. Argh.

So now we're back. Back to work, our house in progress, our love-needing cat and everything else here in Portland.... which isn't much, but it sure feels good to be home.

P.S. Our first delivery of organic produce should be on our doorstep when we arrive at home this evening... I'm so excited and happy that I don't have to go to the grocery store tonight in order to make dinner.

P.P.S. Happy birthday to Rachel and Whitney!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home