Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, August 05, 2005

Back East

I've been back East since last Friday. Did the reunion thing, saw my folks' new house and now am down in Ocean City, MD at the beach. Writing this from the front porch after a day on the beach. Sounds exotic, but would it help if I told you that it's muggy and I'm sunburned (stupid Oregon albino skin). Anyway, it's been such a peaceful break back here. My parents have been spoiling me with lattes in the morning, blueberry pancakes, grilling out & cocktails in the evening. I go back on Sunday morning and arrive in Oregon around 5. I'm actually kind of excited; I miss Ken.

Their new place is great. Love the layout. I got to help my mom plant some new 'friends' (although we needed a pick to get through the hard soil embedded with giant rocks). They're near all their buddies up there and loving it. They go to the beach every other week or so... until they get tired of it and go back to PA. Then they go back to the beach when they feel like it. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Have I told you they love being retired?

The music on the porch just came on and my dad is making Mt. Gay rum punches now. Oh happy friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home