Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Kaboom

I have a knot on the back of my head that is four fingers wide and takes the length of my fingers to cup it.

The culprit?

Me opening the refrigerator door with just enough force to dislodge a bottle of wine from the wine rack... thereby knocking me square in the back of the head as I was leaning down to get a drink from the fridge. A bit of disorientation, but I went through a mental checklist to make sure things were okay. Once I realized I was fine but just had a big lump, out came the waterworks. I put some ice in a bag and put it to the back of my head, holding it there with my scarf.

Since Ken's out of town and I didn't want to be found dead on the floor if it turned out to be a bigger deal than I thought, I sat with my ice for hours watching TV, making sure things were fine (they were). I also wrote a note in the kitchen noting that I got hit in the head with a wine bottle at 8:15. Ridiculous, but it would irritate me to no end if something happened and they couldn't figure out what.

So my giant lump is sore today and I had to sleep with my head between the pillows last night. Unrelated stomach ache all day and now I am exhausted. Can't wait to take a nap.

Update (12/16): I've had a headache ever day this week since.

5 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

I am sad to say I laughed out loud at this post.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Me too. Sorry.

(Note to self: move wine rack off the top of the fridge tonight...)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Taryn said...

Did the bottle of wine survive? It would suck to hurt yourself and lose all that wine.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

The wine survived. It had a nice soft landing spot as it Triple Lindy'd it's way to the floor.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Julie Miller said...

hmm-you guys remember our human neuroscience class-lisa-what if it's a hematoma?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home