Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Tailgating, Pacific NW style

Ken, Brian & I went to the Seahawks vs Colts game last weekend. Got ribs and plenty of beer. We found a slightly better parking lot than last year, but the Seahawks parking lots for tailgating leave a lot to be desired (read: it was muddy, empty & not a bathroom in sight). I walked up the street, around the corner, down the other street to the gas station that was suggested by the lot attendent. But as I turn the corner,

Behold -- Uwajimaya... the mecca of asian markets. I know they have one in Beaverton (outside of Portland), but I wasn't aware of the giant store in Seattle too. I had never been to either. I veer away from the gas station and make a bee-line straight into the market. Luckily for Ken, I left my wallet in the car. The place was amazing. Dim sum stations. Chestnuts roasting outside. Huge seafood selections.... with huge live dungeness crab tanks. Oysters. Clams. Even live geoduck. Wow. I went to the bathroom and then return to the car to tell everyone of my amazing find.

Brian has to go to the bathroom too. He leaves and then comes back with a dozen raw pacific oysters, a shucker and a bottle of cocktail sauce. So we sat in the parking lot -- drinking our beers, shucking oysters and eating ribs before we went into the game. It was awesome. I think oysters will become a new tailgating staple for us up here. Yum.

Now if we can just find a good lot in which to tailgate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home