Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Girls in Portland

In Tucson, they were begging for girls to join co-ed sports teams. I got to learn with no pressure and total encouragement. Portland is a totally different story. The ultimate frisbee league we joined when we first moved here had more girls than guys. You had to race the other girls to actually play. And they were good. I quickly lost motivation. Then today, Brian asked us to join a co-ed dodgeball league. Fun. I agreed to play, only minutes later him writing back:
"In a bizarre twist of co-ed sports fate, our chick roster is already full, but we need 1 more dude. Let me know ASAP."

Curses. Add in girls roller derby, Crafting churches, Portland assassin, etc.

I've never been in a place with so many girls -- all my age, quirky and love crafting and sports as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home