Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Storm & the Balls

I know Ken is out of town because Kinley has the runs again.

That also means that I have four pure craft nights at home with the dog. In theory, yes. In reality, I am going out every night that he's gone barring Tuesday (where I actually did craft with the dog). Last night, I went out with Sara Burke's good friends -- Sarah & Heidi (and their friends Beth & Jane). The five of us met at Sarah's for Flirtinis before taking a cab downtown to see Storm & the Balls. I had never been to her show before but knew Sara & Sarah adore her. And she didn't disappoint. I was very impressed. Incredible voice, a beautiful girl and sultry moves to make a perfect entertainer. She opened with a cover of Metallica's "Enter Sandman" such that it just exuded sex. Other songs I recognized included the "Star-spangled banner" that turned into "The Pusher", "Hopelessly Devoted to You" as an homage to stalking behavior, "I Want You to Die" (which I got a karaoke version from Sarah ahead of time; hear the song and others here), "Where is my Mind" by the Pixies, and "Crazy Love" by Van Morrison, I think. In all, it was very fun and probably one of the few concerts I've really enjoyed -- I loved that the show was not too loud or smoky (it was a smoke-free night) and that I could talk to the girls around me as we sat around a table-top fire pit.

Tonight is the Co-Ed Adult Dodgeball season opener. I'm on the team this season. Your beloved Dodgy Slappers will be taking on Axis of Evil at 8 pm. After that, the whole league heads to Billy Reed's, a bar that sponsors the league for $3 burgers and $1.50 PBRs (or $2.50 microbrews). Taryn & Paul are also coming up tonight since they're flying out of the Portland Airport early tomorrow morning for Paul's brother's wedding.

Friday marks Ken's return at 11 pm. In the meantime, I'm joining friends Brian, Adam & Kelly for the Misfats and Stay Tuned show at the Ash St. Saloon. Misfats are "the fattest Misfits cover band" and Stay Tuned is a band that plays nothing but TV theme songs. I've never seen Stay Tuned before, but I'm sure I'll be amused.

Despite all this going on in the evenings, Kinley's getting plenty of attention, don't worry. I toss the ball around with him after work and I've actually woken up early every morning Ken's been gone to take him for a walk before work. (I know some of your jaws just dropped). Tonight, I should be getting home from work before dark (first time this week) so I'm taking him to the Dog Park (aka Kinley's Heaven). I don't like going on walks through the park alone at night even though I know it's probably fine.

And lastly, even though I'm having fun and staying busy, I really miss Ken. I'm excited for him to come home. My life is brighter when he's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home