Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Downside of Powder

Ken & I ended up taking a personal day on Friday to ski the knee-deep, untracked fluffy powder on top of Mt. Hood. The morning was absolutely beautiful and when things were getting tracked up, we stopped for lunch. They opened the highest lift by the time we finished eating (after detonating bombs all morning to control for avalanches), so our sore legs headed for the top for a few more runs. Sadly, it was snowing hard and really windy -- meaning we couldn't see 3 feet in front of us -- a scary situation when you're up to your knees in snow you can't see. We got down & called it a day, cleaned off our windshield and headed home. Turns out I was getting sick the night before, so my (cough cough) was actually true. I loaded up on dayquil before we went skiing and figured I might as well have fun before I was really sick. Needless to say, I slept for three hours when we got home, woke up to eat dinner and went back to sleep at 9 for another 12.5 hours. Another 12 hours the next night. And 9 hours last night. I've been fighting it all weekend and am still loaded up on decongestant to clear my sinuses. Kinley's been fighting something, too. He's been "squishy" for about a week, but the explosive "valentines" started last night around midnight and have continued every two hours since. Ken and I have a bet going as to whether it's spirochetes again or not. We are currently awaiting the stool sample results. I also hammered my thumb this weekend by accident and have a throbbing, black & blue bruised thumb. I can't believe it's only Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home