Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, June 12, 2006

So that's why we left the desert

Vegas*. Super hot^. Overwhelming~. Way expensive$.

Had a great time despite being in Vegas. Whit and Rachel are awesome. We had a great time and lounged the whole time. The Wynn is beautiful and I'd recommend it to anyone. Very peaceful in an atmosphere that just isn't. Can't wait to take a trip with them again sometime soon.

It's so nice to be home+.



*"The taxi cab union would never allow it," says every cabbie I talk to in response to the idea of light rail connecting the airport to the strip. For a city based on tourism, it irks me to no end that visitors are lined up in the heat outside baggage claim while they wait 45 minutes for a cab to take them 10 minutes away for the low, low price of $25.

^I forgot that the heat knocks you out. We sat out by the pool chatting. In the shade. Wearing sunscreen. Drinking water and some pina coladas. Yet we still had to take naps before we could move for dinner

~We were way underdressed according to the Vegas Hooch Scale (VHS). We were in sundresses yet still looked like frumpy maids considering some of the Vegas outfits.

$ 12 dollars for a specialty drink (i.e. pina colada, daquiri, martini) is way expensive in my book. So I ordered a gin & tonic instead to save some money. "That will be $11." Nuts.

+I love Portland. It is my home. We will be here for the long haul. It is the everything that Vegas isn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home