Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rachel and Justin's Wedding

Last weekend was Rachel and Justin's wedding in San Francisco. We had a great time and it was awesome to see them. We got in on Friday afternoon and spent some time with Whitney and Greg at Rachel & Justin's apartment before the rehearsal dinner. Whit is a good friend from college who lives in Virginia, so I don't get to see her and Greg very often. They're super fun so it was great to catch up.

Whit and Greg



My folks were also in town for the wedding, so we had breakfast with them on Saturday before Ken and I went looking for a replacement wallet for yours truly (since I dropped mine in the toilet). I found a new one that I love. Red and awesome.

Ken and me after breakfast



The wedding was held at the Presidio overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. That was their theme for the wedding -- Whit made the invitations with it, one of their friends had a giant lego replica of it in the cocktail hour room and Rachel asked me to make the cake topper, so I also used the bridge (using their colors of orange and pale green).

Rachel and her dad going down the aisle



They had a super fun wedding. Lots of dancing and merriment. Rachel's brother made a promise to her over 10 years when he was 14 that he'd sing "Gettin' jiggy with it" at her wedding. He did not disappoint. It was hilarious.

Jeff getting jiggy


Rachel and Justin dancing


My family


My mom and me


The cake topper I made



The next day, my folks, Ken and I went on a bike ride across the Golden Gate bridge, into Sausalito and took the ferry back across the bay. It was fun.

Biking the golden gate


Then it was time to us to fly home. A super busy weekend. Sad we didn't catch up with Arthur and Liz while we were there but there just wasn't enough time this go around.

Happy wedding Rachel and Justin!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Arthur said...

Teehee - I was probably out biking the same time you guys were. And I was tooling around in the Presidio too!

I'm glad you got the good weather version of San Francisco.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home