Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My .02 in favor of Google Reader

If you like reading blogs but hate wasting your time searching to see if they've been updated, Google Reader is for you. Just like your email inbox keeps track of all your messages coming in from different sources, Google Reader lets you put in the web addresses of the blogs/pages you typically read and then keeps track of which have been updated recently.

Now, instead of going to the individual blogs, I can read them all from their one site. Pictures and all. So, the blogs that have been updated recently (like Arthur's, Rob's and Brian's this week) are bolded with the number of new posts on each since you read last. No longer do you have to go to Julie's site in vain.

My two sore thumbs up.

5 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you read my blog this way, do it still count on my sitemeter? My ego will be crushed if it looks like people stop coming. Otherwise this is a great idea. Rob

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Arthur said...

I've been using the Sage extension to Firefox (or Sage Too). Unfortunately, that keeps everything local to the computer.

Keep in mind that most of the regular sites have feeds too (like the NYTimes), so you can check the latest news on that too.

Sage. That's how I roll (for now).

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Taryn said...

This is awesome! One of those things I always knew was there but was too lazy to figure out. Plus reading blogs on here looks more official than looking at the actual blogs so it's easier to do at work.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Rob, I hear you. I have no idea about Reader affects sitemeter stats, but I assure you I read your blog as quickly as you post to it. It is one of my favorites to read. Please keep writing. Or posting pictures. Or both.

TJ, I agree! So much easier to find everything. And quickly.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Karl said...

I second your thumbs up. I've been using reader for over a year for all sorts of RSS feeds, especially blogs. Combine this with google's personalized homepage (http://google.com/ig) and you'll have access to more information than you'll ever need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home