Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dream realized, almost

One of my dreams in moving to Portland was the idea that I would be able to make beer out of the hops I grew myself. It takes hops 3 years to produce cones. I planted four varieties and 2 of the plants produced cones this year - Willamette and Cascade. I made my first beer from them last weekend -- a hoppy amber, if I got it right. Brian, I was channeling your lessons and guidance. So a dream of mine is coming true. The almost part comes in because it's only in its first stage right now. Moving it to the secondary fermenter tomorrow. But the yeast were going like mad and are still going steadily. Fingers crossed for no contamination and a tasty beer.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Brian said...

The good news is that if you were going to contaminate it, it probably would have happened already. Usually by the time you rack to secondary you're pretty much home free unless you sneeze in the fermentor.

I am sure it will taste great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home