Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, February 06, 2009

Weekend Plans

Are few and far between. I had a cold last week and have been pretty exhausted. Ken had the same cold a few days ago. Andrew has it now. We're all pretty tired and looking forward to some R&R.

The things I would like to finish this weekend are:

Frame out the basement soffits. Most of them are finished. We rerouted our gas line last weekend to get everything to fit. Now it's just a matter of framing in the last bit (near the fridge), adding the drywall and start the mudding.

Finish the 3rd coat of drywall on the main area. I did all the taping and first two coats of mud this week. Only the final coat is left, so I've been saving that for a time when I have enough energy to power through it.

Prime the ceiling. Once the 3rd coat is finished and sanded, it's priming time. Can do this in steps.


Later this week and to come:


Paint the ceiling. I've been waiting to do this for months. I have only primed the ceiling because I wanted a perfectly even coat when the paint came along. Once this step is finished, I will do a small happy dance because....

Install the flooring. For longer than I've wanted to paint the ceiling, I've wanted to have some sort of floor in the basement. Originally, I was thinking of doing an acid etch. Then a stain. Then a paint. But now, we're leaning towards installing a wood laminate floor down there. I was hoping for something like that but I thought Ken was against it. He was hoping for it but thought I was against it. Communication is a good thing. We'll be looking into products this weeekend.

Install the baseboards. Oh sweetness, the project is coming together. Once the flooring is in, I can install the baseboard to clean up the look of things. Then, it's time to...

Move the office down to the basement. Putting all the furniture back and having an office for all of our paperwork would be divine. I can hardly wait.

Install the moldings. This isn't a necessary step per se, but I think it will really enhance the look of things down there. This can come later. As can...

Install a 2nd bathroom. But, like I said, that's down the road.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home