Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Alive and Beating

Ken and I just got back from our first doctor's appointment. The doctor did an ultrasound and she found the little one in there moving around! She also found the heartbeat (which was going so fast!). So it's in there -- alive, heart beating and kicking. I am officially pregnant. My chances of miscarriage now drop to 5%. We couldn't be happier. I was so relieved when they saw something there. And even more so when there was a heartbeat. She then went a little farther to see if we were having multiples (Ken and I looked at each other in horror), but we're safe and only having one (thanks for taking twins for the group, Rob & Jana!).

She gave us a copy of the ultrasound picture to take with us and measured it to see how far along we are. 9 weeks, 4 days -- just as we expected. That puts our due date around October 4, 2009. My blood work came back and everything's normal on that end. I also found out I'm not a carrier for cystic fibrosis, so that's one potential disease we don't have to worry about. The doctor says everything looks great.

The only thing that gives me worry is that I learned today that I have totally forgot to get pap smears (since 2005!). Not good for a person with a long history of abnormal pap smears. The doctor performed one today and I find out the results next week. I can't believe I let it lapse so long. I am just hoping everything is ok. That would be awful. So I'm so happy for the baby and disappointed in myself.

But at this point, I'm mostly just happy. And hungry. And queasy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray!
Em

 

Post a Comment

<< Home