Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, February 10, 2005

I'm all in!!!

Played poker last night as Lisa mentioned below. I love this game. The trill of bluffing someone when you don't have squat. Show them the cards and then, when they think you're doin it again, you throw down full house or better to beat them. HA!!!

Well, I made it to about the same point as last week, 20th place out of 60. On my last hand, I was the big blind, $1,000 (bear in mind, it cost only $20 to get $3500 in chips and get in the game). The first to act raised to $2,000 and by the time it came around to me someone had gone all in with about $12,000 in chips. I had about $11,000 in chips and sitting on pocket kings (the same hand I lost with last week). I sat there for about a minute and said "I call". There were a bunch of people standing around who suddenly roared. We turned our cards over and I had a slight edge.....K(spades)-K(clubs) vs. A(clubs)-Q(clubs). Somewhat ballsy move for him to go all in with that. In the end, he got his fifth club on the GOD DAMN RIVER!!!! Argh!! Bitten with KK on the river again. I sat there dejected for a moment. I can't believe I lost that.

Alas, pocket kings is my ever unlucky hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home