Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lisa's Big Adventure, part 2

Well Ken heads off to Vegas again (this time for a bachelor party), leaving me here to watch silly movies, drink martinis and find more places to plant new 'friends' in the backyard. The local-everything has perennials on sale for 3/$10 again, meaning my shopping cart will be filled with "groceries". Yes, that's it... groceries.

Ken's softball game was last night. They played well and were up, but the other team came back to win in the last inning. (Lent, I know you're just shocked). The team went to Rogue after, which was fun as always. Apparently, we're all going to a tournament/camping trip in mid-august. Sounds like a blast since this team is pretty fun and very inclusive to their fans, i.e. the five girls or so who drink wine and beer out of plastic cups in the bleechers. So 25 20-40 somethings playing softball, camping and drinking beer sounds great.

Rode my bike down the hill for lunch today since there's a farmer's market in the park blocks at lunchtime on summer wednesdays. Went with a guy from work who had an italian sausage with onions and peppers. I had a raspberry muffin from Gabriel's bakery (which was awesome), a side salad with goat cheese and about a million berries. Bought 3 pints for a total of $4. 2 marionberries and a raspberry pint. Rode my bike to the bustop and took the bus up the hill while I ate berries in the back of the bus. When I got to the top, I had a big tummy ache, my fingers were stained red and I had a raspberry seed in my hair. Everything else is all fuzzy.

Well, I'm off for now. Going to grill out with Ken before he leaves tomorrow. I will drown my sorrows in a martini from Vault since that's where happy hour is tomorrow.

Happy summer! Miss you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home