Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, September 05, 2005

I'm with Kyle when he says that Brian got it right with this post.

Lisa and I have been talking about this topic for days. Way I see it, I'd do what I needed to do to make sure my family and I were safe. If that meant stealing a bus or walking/wading/swimming out of the damn city. I sure as hell wouldn't be waiting around and crying for someone to come rescue me while my family and I starved to death.

Brian, your third paragraph of that post says it all for me. Thanks.

4 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Thanks for the kind words.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger marsha said...

I agree! And I would do anything to keep my family safe.

It seems that too many people are now busy laying blame and pointing fingers and this makes me sick. I imagine that it IS my loved ones stuck there starving to death or not receiving medical care. It gives me nightmares. There is too much suffering to be anything but compassionate at this point.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

On the contrary - the scale of the devastation serves illustrate the self-serving arrogance of compassion.

Or something . . .

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger marsha said...

Ah yes. I should have been prepared for Kyle's Tinman attack...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home