Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

92 yesterday. A Portland record high and everyone let you know about it. Very steamy ride home, indeed.

Kinley wasn't even out in the heat very long before he started panting harder than we've ever seen him. I hosed him down with the backyard hose -- which he wasn't so sure about. Then we all (ken, kinley, me and hughes) sat on the front porch in the shade while Ken & I played cribbage until the sun set. Then to the dog park to play followed by grilling out on the back deck.

Luckily, our sod didn't arrive yesterday due to it being so hot which means we got to postpone its arrival until Friday (when it will be 60 and partly cloudy). We're mighty happy about it too. I couldn't even be outside yesterday. Which was killing me since I have 2 cy of dirt to lay.

Oh Ken, will you pick up some more mulch for me sometime this week if you're out with the truck?

_________________
Visitor Update: Julie Miller's coming to visit for Memorial Day weekend. Brian & Marsha just booked their trip for the Oregon Brewer's Fest in late July. Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home