Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, June 16, 2006

Lisa, 25 years later

There is a classic story in my family about when a young Lisa wanted to give her mom flowers and did so by picking ALL of the neighbor's blooming tulips. My mom was so excited... then she realized that they looked all too familiar. She turned me around and went with me to apologize to the neighbor and return the flowers.

A scarring experience for a young girl.

This morning as I was getting ready to go to work, the doorbell rang. It never rings, especially in the morning.

Standing there was a father -- his 3-year-old girl in one hand, my coreopsis flowers (with dirt and roots hanging) in the other.

"I'm sorry", said the little girl.

"Apparently, she picked your flowers. I'm really sorry about that" said the dad.

I just starting laughing and assured them it was fine. I told the little girl I did the same thing when I was her age. Then she apologized again. I could see her mom and grandmother waiting by the street, somewhat embarrassed; they apologized as well.

On my way to work, I saw them all in the coffee shop down the street. The whole situation is just hilarious and has put a smile on my face all day.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Julie Miller said...

lisa-fuckin' hilarious-you made me laugh outloud!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger K said...

Ah, the circle of life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home