Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, September 25, 2006

Can you FLEAl the love tonight?

I came home from work to find Ken on his way out the door with the dog.

"Where are you going?"
"To the vet, I think Kinley has fleas. He chewed himself raw."

I can see the red bloody mark on the base of his tail. So my bike goes in the garage and I join them. The vet tech shows us what they look like, to which I respond "I think Hughes has them too. I saw things that look like that on him the other day". We get cat and dog flea meds and come home with our flea comb in hand. Yep, they both have them. The package says 98-100% will be killed within the first 12 hours of application. The thought of fleas in the house just grosses me out. Every itch, I look down for a black spot. Ken says he does too.

So the medicine is applied to both animals as of five minutes ago. We will now resume our regularly scheduled anniversary.

Off to dinner! 7:30 reservation.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa - What did the vet tell you to use? If it wasn't "Frontline",you need to get some - it is liquid you put between their shoulderblades once a month, and it keeps them free of fleas - guaranteed!
Jeri

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, we put the dog on Advantix (repels fleas and ticks; it needs to be applied once a month). We put the cat on Advantage (which is ticks only, since he's an indoor cat). So far, all signs of fleas are gone. Fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home