Livin' la Vida Roko

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Toxic People

We had our draft league dodgeball tournament today. We played a person down but still came in 3rd place, taking out three great teams along the way. It felt good. Really good. What felt better was that, even though we lost, our team came out with great morale and a lot of respect for each other. We had a great, fun team and we enjoyed ourselves all season. Better still, we all felt the same way.

After the tournament, we went to a nearby bar to congratulate the winners and chat with the other teams over a beer. There are always going to be the whiners and poor sports, but I hate the people who need to insult and drag you down because of X,Y,Z reason in their own lives. Even worse, I hate that I am sad right now about a bitchy remark thrown my way from someone I don't even care about. She hated her team, has other things going wrong right now and can't let anyone finish a sentence.... but at least she feels better insulting me over happy beers with my teammates.

I have no patience for that. I have been pretty good of cutting out the toxic people from my life. -- even if they were just acquaintances. This is no different. Good riddance*.

* Note: as much as I'd like to hold a grudge (and have been able to in the past), that phase of my life is over and all terms are still negotiable... I am just not going out of my way to speak to her.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Ken said...

Sounds like you need to take a lesson from Tyra and compartmentalize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home