Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Drywall

I have begin taping and mudding the drywall in the basement. It's been unfinished for 3 years. Ken was away so I pulled everything out of the gear room and got to work. I'm 80 pounds of mud in. I'm sanding the third coat now. Dusty and exhausted, but proud.

I got trim from the ReBuilding Center. 5 cents a foot for most of it. The most expensive and elaborate pieces were 25 cents a foot. Way cheaper that $1.50/ft that you usually find. The elaborate pieces will frame the door. The rest will be floorboard trim. Our local big box had the pegboard for our backpacks/rackets/bats/trekking poles/etc. They were also selling mis-tinted gallons of paint for $1 each (down from $25 each for the stuff off the shelf). I bought four gallons in taupes and a rusty red (my favorites). So now it's just a little bit more of sanding before the primer goes on. I am excited. And sore.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home