Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The one person who reads my papers...

I got this from my graduate advisor the other day:
... I just received a message from a lawyer in VA wanting to talk with me about your publication. They want to sue someone regarding using (drug deleted) on middle aged women that causes (disease deleted)...
What?! I believe in my research and what I published. Yet basic research is just that, the foundation for further research. Everything that scientists publish needs further testing by other researchers.

Suing someone based on this one study is like putting the cart before the horse. Or suing a toddler, who will go to medical school one day, for malpractice based on a paper cut or telling a friend to eat these delicious mud cakes. I know my advisor will tell the lawyer that, but it's still odd yet flattering to think someone believes in my research wants to make money off of it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Come on. Pimp yourself out. Say X caused Y.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home