Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, December 01, 2008

Soap works

My soap turned out!

I read that it has to sit for a couple of weeks after making it since the lye can still be caustic. I was giving some to a friend but wanted to test it first, since nothing says "happy thanksgiving" quite like a chemical burn. So after drywalling Thursday morning, I went to take a shower with my soap. I grabbed a bottle of vinegar on my way (to neutralize the lye in case I started burning). Ken was very confused as I took the bottle of vinegar to the shower with me. We were telling the story to some friends later who advised Ken to never ask about weird girl behavior. Suffice it to say, I never needed the vinegar and my soap turned out great. Who knew you could feel so clean after bathing in bacon fat?!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home