Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4.875 gallons of beer on the wall...

We always get a k-egg for Easter. This year we got Deschutes Brewery's Green Lakes Organic Amber. Ken had to return the keg tap today, but wanted to save whatever was left in the keg since it was pretty good. He asked me if I had any jars, to which I smiled and gave him access to my lovelies... twelve 1/2 gallon mason jars that he got me for Christmas.

And out to the porch he went. We bet on how many jars he'd be able to fill -- I thought they'd be 2 jars worth, he thought 5. We were both wrong. A total of 4.875 gallons were pulled from the tap. So delectable. I took a sip when we tapped the keg and it was delicious, so I am sad that I won't get to help drink the rest of it, but I'm sure my brother will oblige and take one for the team. And whatever goes flat, I will use for cooking.

Behold, the beauty of our kitchen island (before it went in the fridge):

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home