Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

iPhone and Crib

It was a happy day yesterday. Two big purchases that change things:

1. An iPhone. Apple is coming out with a new one so they dropped the price of their old one to <$100. My old phone (which they don't make anymore) started dropping calls and losing reception, so it was a great time to upgrade. Now I can keep track of appointments, check email (work and home), etc. on the go. iPhones are awesome. I've been coveting Ken's for a while now. I'm particularly fond of the GPS maps feature since I frequently get lost in new places.

2. Crib. I've been searching craigslist for a couple of weeks and just found a crib in a darker wood about 10 blocks from our house. We picked it up last night after our stop at the apple store (see crib picture below; we didn't get the bedding). We had to disassemble the crib to get it in the door. It is now in pieces in Katie's room. Having a crib in the house (even disassembled) makes upcoming baby feel a little more real. Earlier in my pregnancy, I was not so excited about getting things ready or decorating. That has changed where I'm now looking forward to it. I'm still not ready to embroider baby books or anything, but I am ready to start on some fun craft projects to hang over the crib. I'm planning to make some bigger paper lanterns out of the brightly colored tissue paper leftover from our wedding -- almost five years ago. I'm hoping to make the room fun without being too "baby-ey".

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Natascha said...

Let me know when you make the lanterns. I would love to join you. They would make cute planets for TJ's room. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home