Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, November 01, 2004

The First Day

Overall, it went well. Got a new email account (that I won't be using except for work stuff), new ID card, signed up for new keys, W4, HIPAA training, direct deposit stuff, etc. Had my first DNA plasmid vs chromosome talk too. Wow. I don't know much about molecular biology at all. This is going to be a big change. Looking forward to learning all the new stuff, but nervous because I don't have a background in any of this stuff (not even from classes). The only similarity is that we both work on estrogen and the brain. venn diagram overlap = very small in terms of techniques and scope. Alas. Tomorrow is another day.

Ken's coming to pick me up now. Don't know how his day went yet. Looking forward to a glass of wine. Or three. Ooh, and playing with my newest craigslist purchase... an old sideboard table that I bought yesterday which I sanded and restained last night. Tonight is the tung oil and maybe staining the table from last week that we stripped. Hooray. I love fixing old furniture.

Anxious for the election tomorrow. I just want to know.

-L

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

The bikes you linked me to were the heat. And gone daddy gone. Thanks for the heads up.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all combine our shopping prowess? Perhaps I could design some sort of market for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home