Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Dr. Rob Sighting

Rob has made it through Oregon. We saw him Monday night for dinner as he was coming from Boise, through Portland, and then up through Canada on his way to Alaska. His mom invited Ken & me over to Newberg for dinner to join them. We had never met her before despite all of their famiily's generosity in allowing us to stay at their house when we first moved here. The stories are all true -- she is a super nice lady and an excellent cook. No exaggerations from Rob all these years. And I can't say we were surprised a bit. Ken's favorite was the meatloaf. I think the homemade rolls and berry pie were my favorite -- she's an excellent baker. Although I also loved how the baked potatoes had a bit of a salt crust on them. I think I may adopt that trick; it makes all the difference.

We got to chat and catch up. Very fun. Rob's dad is driving their U-haul and should be reaching Anchorage in the 24' truck today. Rob & Nate should arrive on Friday. Then less than a month to go until the new jobs start -- intership at the hospital AND fatherhood.

Oh, and we still couldn't get the baby's name out of him. Nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home