Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, July 15, 2005

Martini Taste Test

Last night was happy hour with some folk from work, so I biked down to the martini bar to sip on fancy drinks that were $4 a piece (down from the painful price of $7-8.50).

They didn't pour them as full as they normally do, but they were still good:
Ginger Drop - Ginger-infused vodka, apricot brandy, fresh lemon & lime

Joyful Girl - Smirnoff vanilla vodka & fresh lemon

Habanero Martini- pineapple-habenero infused vodka with fresh lemon.
Had them in that order and really loved them all, but for different reasons. The apricot brandy was a nice touch to the ginger drop although I would have liked a little more bite from the ginger, the joyful girl reminds me of something Kristen Nelson would adore, and I love the spicy sweetness of the habanero. The spice on it makes you drink it s-l-o-w-l-y, a good thing when you're on your 3rd one.

When I got home I drank water until my belly hurt to make sure I would feel chipper for lab meeting this morning. It worked. Rode into work with a quesadilla in one hand and my coffee strapped to my bike basket.

Looking forward to the weekend.

4 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Taryn said...

Sounds like you have been riding your bike a lot. How is the ride into work? Better than the pukey bus?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Biking in this town is the way to go. Buses get you there without having to drive, which is super nice. But when you can combine the two modes of transportation, it feels like I have a teleportation chamber.

I ride downtown (1.96 miles from our house according to mapquest) and catch the #8 bus up the hill (put my bike on the front of the bus) for a sweat-less way to work. Then at the end of the day, I get to leave whenever since I don't have to wait for the bus, ride down the hill and all the way home (total of 4.92 miles). It's much more relaxing and fun than the pukey bus.

If I had more guts and brakes that didn't sound like squeaking death, I'd go down the steep hill instead of the longer, less steep way. But it works all the same.

Also, it's extra nice to have a bike if you want to ride to happy hour, farmer's markets, etc after work.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

Making friends means spending money in bars.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger marsha said...

mmmmmmmm the joyful girl sounds totally yummy. i think i'm going to make myself one tonight. i love lemony flavoured things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home