Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, September 12, 2005

Ow

We had an awesome week with Chuck and Dana this past week. I think probably the most fun I've had with them ever. It just worked. Totally fun, felt right and easy. I actually miss them now -- not bad at all for weeklong houseguests. (Note: making dinner earns major points. Extra extra points since they brought chocolate home after they read that day that my snickers was stolen).

Their last night, we hit Voodoo doughnuts before we started Ken's 1000 bars tour of Portland (a la his original 1000 bars trek). I think it should speak volumes we haven't posted about it yet.

But that's not the "Ow" part.

That involves the Hardy Plant Society of Oregon's plant sale, the ripping up of many many square feet of grass on our parking strip (strip between walkway and street), the rototilling of said parking strip, removal of said rototilled dirt, reincorporation of a 1/2 yard of cow manure. Swirl. Mix. Wet. Mix. Wet. Mix. Wet. Mix. Dig up plants that I've been collecting and hoarding for months in the backyard. Carrying said plants one by one to the front yard and placing them in the new parking strip. Plant. And then 1 cubic yard of mulch.

Ouch. My muscles just hurt. All of them.

But did I tell you it looks beautiful? And it's all low-maintenace perennials.... meaning hopefully I get to sit back and relax this time next year.

Yeah right.

On a sidenote, I picked up my dress for Whit's wedding today at the tailor's today. Fits and ready to go with my awesome heels. Unrelated dentist cleaning today too... twice. Crappy HMOs... initital screening + cleaning. No cavities though. Just finished indian food from around the corner for dinner -- officially capping the most peaceful yet accomplished day in a while.

4 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Lisa,

I need some new "smack" for my other league. They are still trying to figure the last bit out.
Send me something equally mysterious if you please, its hilarious reading what people are writing to me in private tryign to figure it out....

-chuck

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Jelly beans are tutti frutti. Sometimes I prefer cheese.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome...
-C

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Me too, me too please. Can I get some smack for my league??????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home