Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, January 20, 2006

Kinley

After months of waiting, the day has arrived. Ken's folks and the puppy arrive tonight at 7 (barring temperatures in Boston & Minneapolis being lower than 10 degrees, meaning the puppy isn't allowed to fly). He's 10 weeks, about 20 lbs and apparently very sweet. We've named him Kinley*.

Poor Hughes.


* The puppy was born two days after the rest of the pups in his litter. Too sleepy to get out of bed, just like me. After that, he kept sleeping like crazy. If you couldn't find him among the other pups, just check under the blankets and sure enough, there he'd be -- sleeping. Then one day, he woke up and kept eating and eating, getting bigger than all the other pups in the litter. In the meantime, we were trying to think of names (I originally wanted Kerns since I've named all my pets after where I was living at the time. But Ken vetoed the name since it was too close to his good friend Chris' last name. I was reading Backpacker one night about Alaska & Denali, where we'll be going this summer and saw Mt. McKinley... a giant, sleepy beast of a mountain. I asked Ken "how about Kinley?" It stuck. Our giant, sleepy beast of a puppy.

4 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger marsha said...

I am so jealous right now I think I might be bleeding out of my ears.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
jealous.

Post pics soon.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Ken said...

In defense of my reasoning for not naming him Kerns, I just like to name pets different to anything to which I have been associated. Kind of like starting something anew.

Sorry Kris.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Kinley, when will you guys be coming up?

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Are you going to make us beg for pictures???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home