Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Dinner for Two

Ken's been out of town this whole week. To celebrate, Kinley decided to get diarrhea beginning the night Ken left. Luckily for me, Ken's mom knows dogs and recommended if it continued, to cook up some ground beef and mix it with rice -- which would "push things through".

Of course, it continued.

So while Ken was getting propositioned by a prostitute in Vegas, I spent Valentine's Day home sick alone, cooking dinner for two. One for me, one for the sick poopy dog.*


* In true Patty Kinnunen fashion (who has been known to grate fresh parmesan cheese over the dog's bowl), I doctored up Kinley's food to make it taste better... browned the ground beef with a few spices and mixed it in the rice along with a little bacon fat and salt to punch up the flavor. Also added some water to make the rice not so dry and help with his fluids. I kept tasting it until it was deemed acceptable. Retarded. I spent more time on his dinner than I did on my own.

And yes, he still has diarrhea. I've left the squishy yard yams in the backyard as a belated Valentine's Day present for Ken.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Julie Miller said...

lisa-i am sure it wasn't pleasant to clean up dog shit but it sure made for a fun story...jules, one of the main reasons that i have yet to get my own dog is b/c of the shit factor, luckily i can play with my neighbor's dog and it is wise enough to shit in her yard and never my own!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home