Livin' la Vida Roko

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Stained Glass Projects

My glass class is now over. I loved it but I'm happy to do things on my own schedule now. I learned a ton and finished five projects over the past eight weeks. You've already seen pictures of the panel in the stairwell, but here are a few pictures of the giant panel I made for the basement as well as the lamp I finished last night. Both took a really long time, but I'm really happy with the results.


Basement Panel
Basement panel using lead came technique; 27x23 inches. Wanted something that would let a lot of light in, yet use a glass that wasn't completely transparent so people couldn't see in. I think I hit the mark with this wavy clear glass. Here's the orignal drawing for it and the final result:



Stained Glass Lamp
I finished the lamp last night after working on every night all week. I estimate it took around 35 hours. Insane amount of time. No wonder people buy them rather than make them. Here's the picture of the orignal lamp I saw in a store window down the street. I drew the pattern for it based on the picture with a few modifications in size: 2.25" top diameter, 16.5" bottom diameter and around 9" high. Used copper foil technique, 5/32" foil.

Here's the lamp during the day:


And illuminated at night:

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

I love those chairs.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

The lamp is beautiful.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger marsha said...

oh lisa. both projects turned out SO well! you must be so proud! the lamp is very very impressive. that takes some real talent to assemble!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home